2 cans marinara of choice
Spaghetti noodles of choice
2 cups prepared Textured vegetable protien
1/2 package of tempeh diced
1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
1 lb Organic Angus Beef
2 cloves garlic
1/2 onion diced
Salt, pepper, and Italian seasonings
1) Start marinara in large saucepan on medium-low, I like to add a 1/2 cup of wine so it takes longer to cook down.
2) (skip to step 4) Start your meatballs! Preheat medium sized saute pan to medium high. In bowl mix all ingredients with hands and form mid-sized meatballs, as you make them place them on the hot pan, saute shifting sides often to avoid burning.
3) Test meatball, if middle is only slightly pink you can add them in, if you want you can skip the pan frying of he meatballs and place right into hot marinara. This way takes several hours so I suggest sauteing to save time for a quick dinner.
4) After middle is only slightly pink add to your marinara. Cook sauce and meatballs for about 20 mins and prep noodles and sides in the meantime.
* While visiting Italy (read about my Italian inspiration) I enjoyed sauces made from fresh tomatoes, therefore watery and very unlike any store bought sauce I've ever had. I now insist on making my own sauce from garden tomatoes and canning them to eat throughout the year. Summer 2012, look forward to canning and creating your own amazing Italian marinara.