Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
1/8 cup of organic coconut oil
1/2 cup of organic popcorn kernels
1/2 cup of organic chocolate chips (any flavor you like butterscotch, semisweet, milk, white)
1/4 cup of pure maple syrup
1/8 cup of coconut oil
1/2 tsp of butter (optional)
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp of apple pie spice or cardamom or a little kick
1/4 tsp of cayenne for a spicy sweet popcorn
1/4 cup peanut butter for a chocolate peanut butter cup
1/2 cup of peanuts for a nutty chocolate popcorn parfait
1) Start a small saucepan at low heat with your chocolate, maple, coconut oil and stir often!
2) If you have never popped popcorn at home on the stove, you don't know what your missing... first of all you going to heat up the coconut oil in a large pot that has a fitted lid. Med-high is a good temperature for making popcorn.
3) When oil gets hot add kernels to oil and put lid on pot... use potholders to shake the popcorn once every 30 seconds or so.
4) Alternate between stirring your chocolate and shuffling your popcorn ;)
5) Once chocolate is melted remove from heat, it will stay warm enough in pan to not set.
6) Dump popped kernels and chocolate into the pot and mix until popcorn is coated with chocolate, salt to taste.