Friday, April 8, 2011

Healthy Deviled Eggs

Devilled Eggs and Egg salad sandwiches were one of my favorite things to make and eat when I was a kid. I am a super protein junkie and must have figured this out around this age. I made traditionally made egg salad and devilled eggs all my life until I got into a health kick and realized mayo is not really good for you and that the egg salad tasted like mayo, which in all reality I am not the hugest fan of its flavor either. So in my attempts to bring you lower fat and better for you devilled eggs and egg salad, I will warn you its not because we are using "low fat mayo" as the replacement for goodness.

Ingredients:
6 eggs hard boiled
1/8 cup pickle juice
1/2 tsp of each: paprika, salt, pepper, dill
1/2 plain yogurt

Directions:
1) Hard boil eggs, in 1 tsp baking soda and let cool in water. Break shells away carefully.
2)Next cut in half lengthwise, and empty out yolks into medium sized bowl. Mix seasonings and other ingrediants into yolk and mash with fork til creamy, if not creamy enough add more pickle juice to soften up. 3) Fill the empty egg shells with the yolk mixture you have just made and top with a dash of dill and paprika. Most delicious and nutritious!!!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...