This amazing flavored sauce is one either you love or you hate. This sauce is loaded with lots of seasonings and nutritional yeast which has a flavor a lot of people aren't used to, however if you are one who does like it you find you literally be addicted to it. Nutritional yeast is great on popcorn, salads, toast, dressings, and on raw veggies, I eat it on all of these. Not only is the flavor quite unique but its loaded with vitamin B so it very healthy for your brain and body. Vitamin B is known to be helpful with metabolism and trigger chemicals in your brain that are linked to mood and energy.
1 cup sprouted garbanzo beans*
1/2 cup almond meal or ground almonds
1/4 cup Tahini or ground sesame seeds
1/2 cup cold pressed olive oil
1/2 cup cilantro
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp of each: cayenne, ground pepper, oregano
1 tsp sea salt
1/4 - 1/2 cup water (dep. on how liquidy you want it)
2 tsp curry powder
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
* (if you need to cook up or used canned beans, however will not be raw if you do this)
1) Sprout garbanzo beans at home or use cooked garbanzo beans.
2) If you do not have almond meal and tahini then you will need to do this step first. In a blender or food processor grind each down separately with one of the liquids you will be using for this recipe.
3) Once both are broken down you can add rest of ingredients into blender and puree until very smooth
4) Enjoy this sauce on a bed of rice and beans with avocado, sour cream, and salsa for a filling and wonderful vegetarian dish. See recipe and pictures of finished Yumm Bowl here.